Friday, May 13, 2011
Mysterious Doorway
If anyone ever walked from the inside of this building through this doorway without paying attention to where their footsteps led them, they would tumble at least three feet to the sidewalk below. I'm fascinated by this doorway on the side of a building in historic downtown Nacogdoches. The wooden strip below tells me that at some point in time there must have been some steps here. The blackened brick below tells me that at some point in time this building probably suffered a fire. Maybe the fire burned the wooden steps. Who knows?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
It's like "The House of the Rising Sun" in New Orleans. :) Watch that first step!
great colors in that door (and above it!) lots of weathering and beating on...
I love the colors here! Certainly a lot of history and mystery here!
Wow! Love to walk through this entranceway.
"Side Doors".
I agree, interesting door and nice photo! I love these types of finds.
Indeed, excellent observations. This is a door with wonderful character. Great spot!
Ah, to peek inside . . .
love the detail in this shot Kathy, great work as usual.
A detective. That's what you are!
Post a Comment