Friday, May 6, 2011
Lunch Among the Ruins
Many small towns have holes in their downtown area, reminiscent of missing teeth in a child's smile. Often these shells have been created by fire or sometimes just neglect. The common walls with neighboring retailers still stand but generally there is no roof or front or back walls. This particular spot in Center has been very ingeniously turned into a lunch spot for downtown workers or I suppose anyone who would just like the stop by complete with decorative artwork by local children along one of the side walls. Even though the building is just a ruin, it takes on a rather romantic ambiance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
Nice to see that somebody cares to make this place more pleasant. Those falling bricks look dangerous though.
Those stone tables and benches make up a beautiful photo subject.
Hahahahaha! What a wonderful description of this view.
it's really pretty, actually! quaint place to stop for a rest!
I like this spot--neat discovery.
I think this would be a nice spot to have lunch! And I really like the "reminiscent of missing teeth in a child's smile" line in your post.
very surreal in my opinion, nice shot.
I agree...I think it is a great spot for a picnic.
I love this! I would love to sit here and take in the surroundings. A fantastic place for pictures!!
Your words are often those of a deep-thinking writer at times...lovely turn of phrases. I think this is a wonderful way to make use of this space. It's like a secret garden.
Post a Comment