Saturday, December 29, 2012

Unusual Bird


I photographed this bird this summer during a trip to Moody Gardens in Galveston, Texas.  If anyone has any idea what it is, I'd love to know.  I imagine it is some sort of tropical bird.  I Googled birds with red eyes and some other key words that I thought might identify it but was unsuccessful.  I think he's a unique specimen.

11 comments:

A Colorful World said...

He isn't a kukaburra is he? I'm probably way off...will look him up and see if there's a resemblance.

Dianne said...

I love his rockin' hairdo :)

TexWisGirl said...

might be a hoatzin (aka stinkbird). :)

Unknown said...

Fantastic shot! I guess TexWisGirl is right, I've seen these birds in the Amazon. All the best for 2013.

Anonymous said...

Well I finally got in here.

I clicked on your site three times and my computer frozed. Not on anyones page. Just letting you know.

So I did tell one gal gals to be aware.

Looks like your site is okay now. I hope so.


Your bird is amazing. I knew Tex would know the name.


If I am undecide she will notice it and correct me to my rescue.


Have a good day.


Gail Dixon said...

Kookaburra sounds right, but I didn't google it. He is a beautiful bird and well captured.

Lisa Gordon said...

Unusual, and so very beautiful!!!
Wonderful photograph, Kathy.

SRQ said...

Really nice capture. I've never seen a bird like this guy before.

Everything Changes said...

Very quirky guy!

Rohrerbot said...

Hmmmm.....Hoatzin it may be. Nice shot of it. Was it in the wild?

Gunn said...

Unique and with style!:)