Thursday, December 27, 2012
Pioneer and Farmers National Bank - Hillsboro, Texas
The Pioneer Bank Building was constructed by the Farmers National Bank in 1887 in Hillsboro, Hill County, Texas. I've been unable to determine why it is called both Pioneer and Farmers. Only about 12 feet wide on a corner across the square from the historic Hill County Courthouse, it makes up for its lack in width by being a block long! It has been occupied by Colonial Trust Company since 1981.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Looks like something I would take, Kathy. Love the old buildings!
Only 12 feet wide...really? Amazing. You sure wouldn't see a building like this constructed nowadays, would you?! Hope you had a nice Christmas!
impressive entrance!
They just don't build them this grand anymore. Wow.
That's a stately building...
That is a very nice brick-building with an impressive entrance.
I love these great old banks!
Post a Comment