The fall color has faded to brown here in East Texas.
Here are some photos taken during the past two weeks when color was still in vogue.
Transitioning from brilliant color to brown
Autumn leaves in the Davy Crockett National Forest
Two-toned leaves. My favorites!
A beautiful rainbow of color at the edge of one of our pastures.
Preparing for winter, our huge oaks transform from burnished red and gold to brown
and will soon drop their leaves.
Goodbye, autumn.
Awaiting your return next year.







9 comments:
ours are pretty much bare, now. and especially with the cold front blowing through, the last of the leaves are gone.
Beautiful images of late autumn. I love your huge oak tree. It must be wonderful to see its changing face, as the seasons come and go.
so why i love fall ... great shots. i miss the fall days. now all leaves are gone. ready for some snow. fun, fun, fun. enjoy your week. ( :
It looks like you still have some wonderful color, Kathy! Ours is long gone now, unless you consider gray, a color!! :-)
I am actually looking forward to a bit of snow to pretty things up a bit, but none in sight.
Wishing you a bright beginning to your week!
Beautiful, Kathy. Autumn is my absolute favorite time. Everything is gone here too. I can appreciate bare winter branches also so all is not lost.
Don't you wish autumn lasted twice as long as it does? I know I do.
Beautiful! I always look forward to the Fall colors and its sad to say goodbye to them but each season has its own beauty, even winter.
Lovely series. The top shot is fantastic!
Oh those reds... sigh! You are so lucky to have fall stay with you this far. My all time favourite time of year and definitely MUCH too short!
Post a Comment