Monday, October 8, 2012

The One that Got Away


I kept following the egret  which is shown in the most previous post until I finally ticked him off and he took off in flight.  Seeing this beautiful bird aloft and soaring over this pretty little blue lake made my heart glad and I just knew I had the perfect shot.  But being a very amateur bird photographer once I got home and took a look at the photos, imagine my disappointment in discovering that all I managed to catch with the camera was the reflection.  I barely even got the bird within the camera frame!  So in your mind just flip the photo upside down, give it lots of light and definition and maybe you can imagine what it looked like to me - the one that got away!

12 comments:

A Colorful World said...

But it's a great picture...I love it!

Suburban Girl said...

Great story...and we all struggle with times like that.

SRQ said...

I like this shot -- very cool reflection.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

great reflection. (:

TexWisGirl said...

no, i love this just as it is! again, would make an awesome enlargement in a waiting room area - to be stared at for a long time.

Gail Dixon said...

Awww, I think it's still a good shot! Nothing wrong with water reflection images. After 4 years of shooting birds, I still haven't mastered them in flight. I say good job!

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm smiling because I have done the same thing. :)

Amy Burzese said...

You don't see many birds on my blog, do you? lol That is a great reflection shot, even though you didn't intend it to be.

James said...

Disappointment? Nope I can't imagine. There are plenty of egret photos out there but this a unique and wonderful photo. I love it and I wish I took this shot. :)

Kerri Farley said...

Oh I think it's Awesome and VERY unique!!

Unknown said...

Now, this is a great capture! Well done, Kathy, I love it.

Magpie said...

I like the reflection! How good of you to be open and honest about what happened, but it was a happy accident...take credit!