P.S. Sorry I haven't been posting or visiting lately but my free time has been entirely spent at the hospital where my mothet still is, after having had three infarctions. She's much better now and I hope she will go home soon.
This is so nice, Kathy! I saw one yesterday perched high in a bald cypress. The needles were a golden color, so it was the perfect fall shot. Of course I had the wrong lens with me! Hope you had a great weekend.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
12 comments:
Herons are such elegant birds!
P.S. Sorry I haven't been posting or visiting lately but my free time has been entirely spent at the hospital where my mothet still is, after having had three infarctions. She's much better now and I hope she will go home soon.
gorgeous bird. (:
i love these fine birds. :)
So graceful. I hope your mother improves quickly.
Lovely bird!
i love herons. i think they are about the prettiest of birds they are.
what a gorgeous shot! well done:)
This is so nice, Kathy! I saw one yesterday perched high in a bald cypress. The needles were a golden color, so it was the perfect fall shot. Of course I had the wrong lens with me! Hope you had a great weekend.
Thy are such handsome birds! We still have a few here in Ontario, which surprises me as I would have expected them to head southwards by now.
I love all your photos. I will enjoy following your blog.
Sharon
fitandhealthybabyboomers.blogspot.com
I LOVE the light in this shot! And the egret is so snowy and pure and SOFT-looking. Just beautiful!
Lovely creature. Looks like you caught him patiently waiting for a meal to happen by.
Elegant!
Post a Comment