I think this is my best shot during my trip to Phoenix. I spent one morning at the Phoenix Zoo since my love of animals draws me back over and over again. I know there are a lot of people who detest zoos but so many of the animals in our zoos today are there because they have found a sanctuary rather than simply being an entertainment for humans. This is Kitambi, a three-year-old African lion who came to live at the zoo from Columbus, Ohio, just one year ago. He was brought to Phoenix to be a romantic companion to Connie, the resident lioness.
Sunday, October 28, 2012
Kitambi
I think this is my best shot during my trip to Phoenix. I spent one morning at the Phoenix Zoo since my love of animals draws me back over and over again. I know there are a lot of people who detest zoos but so many of the animals in our zoos today are there because they have found a sanctuary rather than simply being an entertainment for humans. This is Kitambi, a three-year-old African lion who came to live at the zoo from Columbus, Ohio, just one year ago. He was brought to Phoenix to be a romantic companion to Connie, the resident lioness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
I agree, that is a great shot. Of course, I think cats of all sizes are great. I like the zoo, just don't like all the people at the zoo. Lol
gorgeous! love those big paws!
I love the play of light and shadow in this shot. It is wonderful!
Beautiful portrait of this magnificent animal. Looks like you had a great time.
Beautiful portrait of this magnificent animal. Looks like you had a great time.
That IS a fantastic photo!
Beautifully captured, wonderful lighting. I used to enjoy wandering the zoo there, way back when I lived in Phoenix. I imagine much has changed.
Beautiful! It is nice when they cooperate for the photographer.
Super great shot. Looks like you are out in the bush, and not in a major metropolitan city!
He is incredibly beautiful, Kathy!
Post a Comment