Thursday, October 25, 2012
Cotton Candy Skies
A setting sun turned this cloud formation just prior to my landing in Tyler, Texas, into a beautiful blend of pink and blue, and a little golden aura from the area's pollution just added some extra color to the palette. There is very little visible pollution in the skies over East Texas and it is one of the few places I've been recently where a gajillion stars still twinkle on clear nights, but the sun's reflection on dust and other particulates in the air contributes to a dramatic sunset.
I returned Tuesday evening from my trip but I'm still very unorganized and busy so I probably won't get back into the full swing for another few days. We're preparing for a big family reunion (our first in 11 years) for this weekend so maybe next week I'll be around with new posts and renewed comments on yours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


13 comments:
Very pretty. On my CO trip I couldn't get a window seat. Great shot.
glad you made it back safely. hope all was well while you were away. enjoy family time and get some rest, too!
Good to see you back! Love your shot from the plane. I sure do miss Texas sunsets. They're not as dramatic in Baton Rouge. You've sure got a lot on your plate. But it sounds all good and fun!
Love watching clouds from above. This is why!
I know pollution is bad, but it does make such pretty colors.
Beautiful skies above Texas.
Hey when life calls, you've got to go. That is one beautiful landing....that sky and clouds....like another world:)
I'm going to be taking your read suggestion soon and start. Just am finishing up a series that I started this past summer.
LOVe those skies! and have LOTs of FUN at your reunion!
Such a gorgeous photo. I always pick aisle seats on the plane because of my claustrophobia so never end up with cool photos like this. I take it your luggage made it with you?!
Lovely shot! I'm sure you were glad to get home. What books did you recommend to Chris (Rhorerbot)? I might be interested. :-)
This is a great shot. I know you're glad to be home, but missing Lara and Em already. I'm catching up so you've already had your reunion. How did it go?
Almost looks like a shot of the sea!
It does remind me of cotton candy!
Beautiful!
Post a Comment