Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Silo


I can only assume that this silo once belonged to a farm.  Today it stands as a sentry in a park adjacent to Chimp Haven chimpanzee sanctuary near Keithville, Louisiana.

11 comments:

Gail Dixon said...

Boy, you sure do get around, Kathy! I love this dark sky in this one. The silo does make for a great entrance to a park. Love it!

TexWisGirl said...

it sure does make a great sentry.

Everything Changes said...

Cool! I climbed one of those!

Anonymous said...

The silo is great, but I love the sky!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

poor thing is missing it's barn friend. ha. ha!! i had one of those recently. i bet the silo gets lonely. ha. ha!! (:

Birdman said...

Looks like it could still be ready to use.

Magpie said...

I really like silo's and windmills...what do you suppose that means? :)

EG CameraGirl said...

Cool shot of a survivor!

Rohrerbot said...

What a great find! Looks like something out of the orinal Star Trek series when Kirk find that Native American princess:)

Amy Burzese said...

I hope they leave it. They are so great.

A Colorful World said...

Interesting re-direct!