Thanks for sharing your Phoenix fence woes with me (that sounds like the title to a short story! :-) ) and also the info on how expensive the block walls are. We are fortunate we have a caring landlord. I do have some "plans" for that wooden fence, but I won't share it with you now. I would like to know there would be no more holes or gaps in a wooden fence, but that's OK. I'm just grateful to be living in a nice house in a nice neighborhood. Most people don't know this about us, but we were homeless for two and a half years and having this place to live is an answer to prayer! I think that's one reason I take so much joy in my surroundings...because they are MY surroundings! :-)
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
15 comments:
Nothing like looking through a bricked in window. :))
I love the light in this photo. Nice catch!
I love brick
the light is amazing
wonderful shot
That's one way to keep out the sun!
neat contrast with old rusty brick and green
gosh, what a stunning photo!
I love the light on the exposed brick!
I've seen boarded up windows but never bricked up. How interesting! You find the neatest things in your rural excursions. :)
The light is beautiful and of course, I love the old building. I've never seen a window bricked like that.
Is that stucco that's come off the outside? If you're going to brick in a window, why not do it all the way and remove the window frame? Kinda funny.
Amazing photograph! Also in Jerome?
Thanks for sharing your Phoenix fence woes with me (that sounds like the title to a short story! :-) ) and also the info on how expensive the block walls are. We are fortunate we have a caring landlord. I do have some "plans" for that wooden fence, but I won't share it with you now. I would like to know there would be no more holes or gaps in a wooden fence, but that's OK. I'm just grateful to be living in a nice house in a nice neighborhood. Most people don't know this about us, but we were homeless for two and a half years and having this place to live is an answer to prayer! I think that's one reason I take so much joy in my surroundings...because they are MY surroundings! :-)
Wonderful capture!
Love the shadow effect, Kathy!
It's quite surrealistic!
Love it when nature takes control. Cool shot.
Post a Comment