Monday, August 13, 2012

Freestone County, Texas


Near Wortham, Freestone County, North Central Texas

Despite poor lighting conditions and getting locked inside a hotel room, 
my three-day road trip was well worth the getaway!
I didn't find many barns to photograph, but I had three whole days
to myself to travel 800 miles through North Central Texas.

LINKING TO TRICIA'S BARN CHARM

20 comments:

Karen Lakis said...

I just love road trips! This was a great find!

EG CameraGirl said...

A fence out front and a rusty roof! Wonderful.

But how does one get locked in a hotel room?

Mari said...

Welcome back! I like this rusty roofed treasure!

Brian King said...

Great old barn and love the rust! Glad you enjoyed your trip!

Carletta said...

I like the setting and the rusted roof.
Three whole days by myself to see and do what I want - would be heavenly. :)
Locked IN the room - hmmmm....

Amy Burzese said...

Love this one. I bet you have lots and lots of great shots.

TexWisGirl said...

what a great scene!

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

This is a great little barn. Love the rusty roof.

Jan n Jer said...

Sounds like you had quite the adventure...at least you got a shot of a nice old barn!!!

Gail Dixon said...

What charming countryside. Sorry you got locked inside the hotel room. Sheesh, that must've been a little scary.

Magpie said...

Kathy, I want to hear the story about getting locked "inside" your hotel room. :) It sounds like a lot of driving, but I know the time away was worth every mile.

Rose said...

I really like this...it reminds me of a painting. Your getaway sounds like fun...in spite of it all.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice getaway, indeed! I wouldn't mind a scenic 3 day drive, myself.... beautiful shot & love the 'rustage'

Thanks a million for joining =)

Kim, USA said...

Nice find! I like the rustic color on the roof. Great shot Kathy!


Kim, USA

Inger said...

What a nice barn with its rusty roof. A road trip is good for the soul.

Rohrerbot said...

Hello there:) Welcome back. Hope you had a fun photo shoot.....and for your first post back....that a beautiful shot. You don't take any bad ones, but I get what your saying. We are sometimes our most difficult critique:)

Anonymous said...

Boy you really get around! And I see you found more than just courthouses.

Indrani said...

Great presentation of the old barn.

Anonymous said...

Three whole days. Nice. Good find, too.

A Colorful World said...

Locked in a hotel room! How awful! But so glad you got to have a nice leisurely road trip! I have one coming up! Not alone, but with family. Can't wait!