Thursday, August 9, 2012

Protecting the Ruins


Beautiful wrought iron fencing with fleur-de-lis 
has been constructed to protect some of the ruins 
found in the former ghost copper mining town of Jerome, Arizona.

Joining with other fence fanatics at Friday Fences

(Note:  I am leaving early Friday morning for a three-day road trip through North Central Texas.  
I hope to replenish my supply of fence and barn photographs 
and see a section of the state I have not as yet visited.  
I'll try to get caught up on all your blogging adventures upon my return.)

26 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

wow, that is great. so decorative. (:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, be safe! at least the temps should be somewhat cooler. :)

Whispering Thoughts said...

Looks like straight out of a royal story.
have a great time ahead.

A Colorful World said...

This is wonderful! I'm dying to go to Jerome...maybe one day soon! Have an awesome trip! Can't wait to see all the new photos!

Birdman said...

A real 'live' ghost town in TX?

Jan n Jer said...

Love the arches on this structure! Have a safe n fun trip...hope you find some great photo ops!!!!

Amy Burzese said...

Great shot! Have a fun time and take lots of pictures!

Latane Barton said...

Awesome fence.

Magpie said...

Travel safely, my friend. Be sure your batteries are charged and have a blast!

Love this very ornate fence.

EG CameraGirl said...

Safe trip, Kathy!

I have been to Jerome a couple of times and I have to say I am really glad the history is being protected.

Anonymous said...

Such a fancy fence for dwellings such as that. Is that where the old potty is?

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Love the fence and the arches on the building. I would love to visit that old ghost town.
Have a safe trip and take lots of pictures.

barbara l. hale said...

A gorgeous fence!

Judy said...

Lots of wonderful fencing!! Have a safe trip!!

Gail Dixon said...

Love the design of the fence and that vivid blue sky! Be safe on the road and come back with some more eye candy for us. :)

Everything Changes said...

Such interesting old architecture.

Rohrerbot said...

fleur-de-lis = history

Have fun on your road trip! Sounds like a nice time ahead.

Faye said...

A "working" roadtrip? Always like to have a mission when I travel. This place is definitely worth protecting--fabulous old wall behind the fence. The Fleur-de-lis is Louisville's city symbol and we love it here too--in many forms.

Unknown said...

You probably know I like shots of decay and this one is just great.

Inger said...

Enjoy your trip. I really like your photo journal and am looking forward to seeing more Texas fences.

Michelle said...

Catching up on your shots (on this blog). I love how everything is either super green or lovely shades of brown/red. Can't wait to see what lovely shots you return with.

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Lovely capture, Kathy. That stone work is fabulous as well.

Suburban Girl said...

I would love to explore those ruins!! Beautiful fencing, why was that chain link stuff ever invented?!

Carletta said...

The ruins behind are intriguing. I guess the fence is necessary to protect them . The architecture certainly looks worthy of protection.
Have a safe trip.

Marleen said...

Nice photo, I like the sky as well. This must be an interesting spot.

Rose said...

I would love to see this place! Have fun on your photo hunt!