Very quaint. I was telling my friend the other day that we wanted to eat at a popular restaurant nearby on a historic road and she told me it was once her grandfather's country store. I had no idea. At least it got used for something good.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
9 comments:
I like those old buildings. Reminds me of growing up in a small town.
I really like the B&W!
wish more of these existed in operation today. ah, well...
Super in monochrome, which gives this an old-timey feel.
I like to think of all the friendly chats that took place in businesses like this little store!
Every town needs a good country store!
Nice. I'd say that was is not far from being another spot!
We had a place like this growing up. It's now closed but I remember how our neighborhood would shop there and chat. Very nice memories.
Very quaint. I was telling my friend the other day that we wanted to eat at a popular restaurant nearby on a historic road and she told me it was once her grandfather's country store. I had no idea. At least it got used for something good.
This is a classic style building. I really love it for its simplicity.
Post a Comment