Oh gosh...this reminds me of when my daughter was in Childrens Hospital in Philly...my husband had to keep leaving to fill up the meter. What a bother...especially when your kids is in the hospital. Turned out she was fine!
Yes, the Lucy tour guide did mention that those windows were her 'butt.' No kidding. So your fascination is not too far off base!
What a wonderfully blue meter. Once when my family was walking through our small hometown, my youngest brother turned to look at something, turned back just in time to walk into a parking meter. We still tease him about it today! :)
i've never seen one like that before but it's good to know it still exist.
i love the treatment you did on this shot, lovely!
p.s... you do not give yourself enough credit. you can do my kind of thing easily but i do not think i can do your's....taking photographs of stranger, don't have the guts.
Oops, I Adi was using my blog and I forgot to sign it over to me. Adi liked your blue meter too. She told me that if she would have been a boy she would be more interested? :) ..
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
11 comments:
Oh gosh...this reminds me of when my daughter was in Childrens Hospital in Philly...my husband had to keep leaving to fill up the meter. What a bother...especially when your kids is in the hospital. Turned out she was fine!
Yes, the Lucy tour guide did mention that those windows were her 'butt.' No kidding. So your fascination is not too far off base!
What a unique and interesting photo!
Oh, I do remember these from my childhood days! Love the colors!
Vintage indeed! The question is...are the parking rates still vintage?
Where did you find that? Does it still work?
What an interesting photograph. 30 minutes doesn't seem very long even in today's commodity-filled world.
Love this vintage shot.
What a wonderfully blue meter. Once when my family was walking through our small hometown, my youngest brother turned to look at something, turned back just in time to walk into a parking meter. We still tease him about it today! :)
i've never seen one like that before but it's good to know it still exist.
i love the treatment you did on this shot, lovely!
p.s...
you do not give yourself enough credit. you can do my kind of thing easily but i do not think i can do your's....taking photographs of stranger, don't have the guts.
eng
Kathy, I like your blue parking meter. It must be pretty old but still working or they would have removed it.
Happy MW Blues! Thank you for peeking in on my hurt foot. It is a little more blue now but still mostly red.
..
Oops, I Adi was using my blog and I forgot to sign it over to me. Adi liked your blue meter too. She told me that if she would have been a boy she would be more interested? :)
..
Post a Comment