Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Alley ~ San Augustine, Texas
Of the many pictures I took on my day trip to San Augustine, Texas, last month, these three I find the most intriguing. I went to that sleepy little East Texas town in search of historic places and I did find many, but I loved what I saw walking down a couple of alleyways. These three pictures are of the same building. The first shows the building; the second, the doorway; and the third, one of the windows. I believe the black on the building may be soot from a previous fire and the orange is rust and discoloration from water. The door has an interesting portico that looks quite new. I did not have an opportunity to walk around front to see what type of establishment might be on this site. It started raining quite heavily right after these pictures were shot so I left and went home. Oh, by the way, all three pictures were straight out of camera, no enhancement and no cropping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
another excellent collection, those textures and colours and geometry, wow!
Neat captures. I really like the last one. And, I like your adventurous spirit wandering down an alley taking photos!
The last one is my favorite! What wonderful things you found in one little window! Beautiful. The cover over the door seems a little grand. Walking down alleys...you brave girl you!
Post a Comment