Monday, August 23, 2010
13/100 Strangers ~ Felipe
Felipe delivered a Billy Goat to my house a couple weeks ago for the lawn. Now before you start thinking I'm nuts, Billy Goat was the brand name of a machine used for aeration purposes! Felipe works for an equipment rental company and has been there 13 years, although I didn't think he looked old enough to have worked anywhere for 13 years. He gave Sam the handyman a quick lesson on how to make the Billy Goat do its job, but he had to come back later because a belt had slipped off. Sam was within 15 minutes of finishing the whole thing so Felipe waited so he could take Billy Goat back home again. He and I stood on the patio watching Sam's progress, and it was then I noticed how tall he was. When asked, he responded that he is 6'5" and added, "I'll bet you've never seen a Mexican that tall!" I had to agree I had not.
Thanks for giving me the opportunity to meet a really tall Mexican and for being my 13th Stranger, Felipe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Looks like 13 is your lucky number, Kathy. He looks like a friendly fella and younger than he is (or maybe we are getting older). I am glad you explained about the Billy Goat. I thought maybe Texas had come home with you.
Great story! A Billy Goat - I was thinking you were really into the natural way of doing things!
He has a nice smile -- and he does appear tall. Congrats on #13.
Good shot of Felipe, the Billy Goat deliverer, and I did think you meant a live billy goat!
That was a great "stranger" story. I love his response to saying his height. Great angle of the shot as well. :)
Don't you just love clean-cut, hard-working, polite people no matter how tall they are? ;)
Post a Comment