Thursday, August 19, 2010

Golden Doorway


Many homes of Southwestern architecture have an exterior door in a wall surrounding the home that simply leads into a courtyard.  I discovered this one one day while on a walk near Central Avenue and Bethany Home Road.  I loved the richness of the brown wood, the golden tint of the sunshine coming from behind as well as the blue sky above.  I suppose the bell is to ring the announcement of someone's entry to step beyond the doors into a garden.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You find the greatest doors! Love this!

SRQ said...

Yes, this is a wonderful door. What rich dark wood and interesting windows. I'm glad you included that cute little bell -- nice touch.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

older houses tend to have ornate doors. When i knock, will you open the door to let me in?

Life Is A Road Trip said...

Lovely! I know a couple of people with doors like this. I'm always envious of them.

Unknown said...

what a great find, lovely colours.

Teresa Bitler said...

Love those doors! So beautiful!

Suburban Girl said...

I think those courtyard doors are the most charming things.

Glenda said...

You find the most unique and beautiful doors!

Magpie said...

Too beautiful, Kathy. What a nice, pretty way to insure your privacy.