Sunday, August 22, 2010
Mother's Day
I wish I could have waited another nine months to post this for Mother's Day, but I couldn't. I've tried and tried to take pictures of horses here in Phoenix but my little point-and-shoot is just not meant for far-away photos. Luckily for me while I was on vacation in Texas, one of my mother's neighbors just down the road has kids who are active in 4-H and they have goats and sheep and .......... yep, horses. This mother and colt were so tame and standing right by the fence by Mother's gate leading to her bottom land that I was actually able to walk up and pet them ~ and get some wonderful photos.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Sweet. That's funny I just did some horse photos too although I haven't posted any as of yet.
excellent Kathy, im still waiting for my first horse photo.
b&w rose: i played with the colour spectrum when converting to b&w, and i burned the shadows to make the darker colours more noticeable.
Aw, this is sweet. You can post it again in May!
I love the watchful eye of momma in this shot. Perfect! Look at the muscles in that neck! Aren't horses just beautiful?
Great shot, Kathy! You have captured a tender looking moment. I like the light play in the horse's mane, even though its a little blown out it looks very cool.
Great shot, Kathy! I think horses are so photogenic - especially in a close-up like this one.
Gorgeous!
Post a Comment