Water well and pump near the back door of Melrose Plantation. The pump sits on the cover of the well which is about three feet above ground level. This well no doubt was used to pump fresh water for the kitchen and for fresh drinking water.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
7 comments:
wow! i've seen plenty of pumps in my day but never one with a cover! :)
I love how ornate the well cover is, but I'm very glad I have a faucet in my kitchen. :)
This is one fancy pump!
Very fancy! I have never seen a well pump quite like this before.
Can you imagine having to pump water like that? I cannot - I guess that's why my arms are so flabby!
It does seem kind of luxe. Great shot!
I have never seen a pump like that before either! Pretty cool.
Post a Comment