Saturday, October 8, 2011
27/100 Strangers ~ Steve
I met Steve at First Monday Trade Days in Canton where he was a vendor offering demonstrations and selling a product called a Swiss peeler. I'm always fascinated by what those guys can do and I shelled out 11 bucks for one of his little gizmos because I'm a sucker for kitchen gadgets. Now, granted, it's an okay peeler and maybe with a little (I mean a lot) of practice I might be able to peel a potato, but never anything like Steve. He actually made hashbrowns with this doohickey (notice the bottom right of the photo). He fashioned curliques and rosettes and he even gave some lady in the audience a shag haircut and shaved her legs (don't believe everything you read on the Internet).
For those of you new to my blog, the 100 Strangers Project is a method to improve your street and portrait photography and make you more comfortable in approaching people and asking to take their photograph. Just Google 100 Strangers Project and you'll find out more than you ever wanted to know. It's fun but still rather intimidating. If you want to look at my first 26 Strangers, just click on "100 Strangers" below or in the sidebar on the right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
i love that you bought one of his gizmos! looks intimidating! :)
God, I love a man that can cook!
On a deserted island, just one food request... many potatoes smothered in butter. Ah...
I notice he still has all his fingers..that's a good sign. Practice will make perfect.
He probably has practice as many hours on that peeler as you have with your camera." No wonder he's so good at it. :))
Wow, I am impressed! I have peeling potatoes and often end up peeling a finger too. Ouch.
That is so cool! The peeler and the street photography project! I'm very nervous about taking people pics.
Well done. Way to keep going with your 100 strangers project! (Btw, Steve would be mortified to know that I really, really don't like to use a potato peeler/gizmo...probably because I learned how to peel spuds with a paring knife --- and still do.)
Gotta admit, I love his apron. And I love your strangers. They are strangers for long, are they?
You are right about these kitchen gadgets, you need too much training to use them efficiently.
Nice photo. I don't know how you manage to take these pictures; in my town people cover their faces or turn the other way, even when I point my camera high up, to take a shot of a building.
You are moving on a very thin ice. The act of taking a photo is free but publishing it is different, no matter what some "Projects" say.
Still, keep them coming, I like these kind of photos.
Post a Comment