Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fence No. 8


Flowering quince is a good contrast to this old weathered fence at my Aunt Ruth's farm.
Aunt Ruth is no longer with us but her farm and many of her plants and flowers
continue to thrive.

6 comments:

Suburban Girl said...

My neighbor grows quince. Not something you hear a lot about. One year I made quince jam from her produce. Not my favorite either!

SRQ said...

I'm not familiar with quince. But, it does make for a nice photo with the wood fence. Btw, are you aware that 'Fences' is the next CDP theme day?

TexWisGirl said...

love this! you also need to link up to Jan's Friday's Fences tomorrow at

www.lifeaccordingtojanandjer.blogspot.com/

Magpie said...

Lots of good suggestions in your comments today. Friday Fences sounds right up your alley. Beautiful contrast in this shot.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I like it!

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm only familiar with yellow quince, which makes nice jelly. How interesting there's a red variety too.