Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Gothic Architecture in Grand Cane, Louisiana


This beautiful Gothic revival church, built in approximately 1888, is located in the Village of Grand Cane, Louisiana, population 191.  It serves the congregation of the First United Methodist Church.

8 comments:

Birdman said...

Distinctive church.

Glenda said...

I've always admired the architecture and charm of this beautiful church! You captured it beautifully!

EG CameraGirl said...

Nice looking building!

TexWisGirl said...

oh, that's lovely!

SRQ said...

Beautiful church and property. Remarkable it's been around since the late 1800's. It looks terrific.

tracy said...

That has got to be one of the most unique churches I have ever seen!

Magpie said...

The name Grand Cane alone is wonderful - evoking all kinds of pictures of southern ladies sipping tea on the veranda. Beautiful!

Suburban Girl said...

EIther I have seen this church before or it is a classic church design. Probably the latter. It is nicely framed in your photo.