Friday, June 3, 2011

Corner Store


I was intrigued by the simple, fluid lines of the architecture of this little corner store in the Texas/Louisiana border town of Logansport, Louisiana.  I wonder what kind of establishment used to open its doors every day here?  What do you think might be the answer to that question?

In the left background you care barely make out (it's a rust color) the railroad truss bridge that spans the Sabine River, the boundary between the two states.  The bridge is still in use today.  I'll post a closeup photo of it soon for you to see.

9 comments:

Magpie said...

My guess would be a bar, because it doesn't look like the right kind of windows for a drug store. Heck, what do I know?

TexWisGirl said...

That's exactly what I was going to say! The door on the corner and only 2 windows made me immediately think 'bar'. :)

tracy said...

Of course Magpie would say a bar. :-)So, I guess I have to come up with something different. Auto parts?

EG CameraGirl said...

It looks closed, Kathy. But wait! You already knew that, didn't you? I think it might have been a bar and grill.

Doug Hickok said...

Perhaps it was a coin laundry store. I like the mystery of what it could have been. Fascinating image Kathy.

Andrew said...

wow!, I can't say enough about your photos, I really can't. I wish I could make a trip out there one day to shoot these lovely architectural shots. I love the area you live in.

Glenda said...

I was thinking a corner market or hardware store. Whatever it was, it's full of history . . . and as always, you captured it so well!

SRQ said...

I've always liked buildings like this one with the front door positioned on the corner. Maybe it was a pharmacy?

Suburban Girl said...

I see a pharmacy in it's future. It seems like every corner around here is becoming home to a pharmacy.