Monday, January 31, 2011

Lake Naconiche ~ Home of the Goddess of the Forest


Many of you were curious about yesterday's post, Goddess of the Forest.  She is simply a piece of yard art that resides near this scene on Lake Naconiche a few miles from where I live.  She is a concrete casting with a barely noticeable blue tint that has been leaned up against a tree trunk in the back yard of my friend JB's brother's home on the lake.  JB is in the process of building her retirement home close by and this is the scene from their back yards.  I love the reflection of the clouds and the trees in the water.  I can't wait to visit in spring and again in fall to see the reflection of autumn colors in the water.  I'm certainly going to be on the lookout for a "goddess" to adorn one of our trees.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really lovely! I can't wait to see it this Spring and Fall as well - through your camera lens, of course!

Birdman said...

I bet that's going to be a nice place.

SRQ said...

Looks like a special place. Bet it's breathtaking in the fall.

Cher' Shots said...

I fell in love with the 'goddess' when I saw her posted yesterday. I'm asking permission to use her in a scrapbook page if you don't mind. Please let me know. Thanks and 'hugs from afar'

Magpie said...

I see now why the goddess looked so content. With this view, how could you not? Autumn would be lovely there.

Sharon Creech said...

There's a story there, waiting to be told.

Brenda's Arizona said...

Wow, is this a photo or a painting??? I can't wait to see more with you/your camera! Awesome capture, Kathy!

SouthernSass said...

Beautiful shot Kathy - I love the processing!

T. Becque said...

Very nice! Painting like too.

Lara said...

This is one of my all-time favorites. Beautiful!

Mersad said...

Really really great image. Love the overlay. So spooky and dreamy.

biebkriebels said...

A very nice place to be and a beautiful photo.

Sarah Knight said...

That is a lovely shot - just sublime!

EG CameraGirl said...

I like this view through the trees.

Suburban Girl said...

Beautiful.