I first posted a picture of this female cardinal on my picture-a-day blog back on December 20 (see it here) and called her Golden Girl. I have since changed her name to Betty White.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
12 comments:
This is beautiful, both the bird and the photo!
I wasn't lying on the ground when I took the gravesite photo, but I think I was in some strange yoga position...and I don't do yoga :)
She looks so beautiful withe the red accents.
A beautiful bird by any other name is still a beautiful bird!
Most beautiful and BTW I love me some Betty White she is one hot mama!
Beautiful shot Kathy - I love the warm tones in this photo!
Okay, I'm dumb...why are you calling her Betty White? She's beautiful, but I'm lost.
Amazing close-up. The colors are fantastic too.
Very beautiful. I find it difficult to photograph birds.
Love it - both the photo and the name change!!
Betty White is awesome! Wonderful capture. I just love that little mohawk and those soft colors.
I love how the background colors complement the cardinal colors.
Very pretty!:)
Post a Comment