Sunday, January 9, 2011
A Watchful Eye
An answer to two questions on yesterday's post about the Old Pot. Two people asked why would someone buy an old rusty pot like that. Here in the States, such items are collectibles if they are antique, rustic, and/or depict early Americana. Others view them as decorative. I could possibly envision using a pot of that type as a planter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Gorgeous!! He just pops!
Hee hee...when I buy those type of things and my father in law sees them he offers to clean the up and paint them for me. He just doesn't get it.
I think they are great - the more rusty the better! Beautiful bird shot!
Wow! We're on the same page today with our cardinal pics! Love the light making those red feathers shine!
Believe it or not, I have a cardinal outside at my birdfeeder in cold, blowing snow. So RED in all that white.
Pretty bird. One of my favorite locals. We had a pair nesting in a big Spruce tree in our front yard it was great to see them every morning. About the pot, I liked the story about your grandmother. People like that were the basis of this country. I could definitely seeing that pot as a flower container.
What a handsome fellow! Nice capture.
Beautiful is the only word I can think of!
Post a Comment