Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chickadee


FINALLY I was able to get a decent shot of something other than a cardinal (although those cardinals are pretty photogenic birds).  I think Magpie once mentioned that the chickadee was one of her favorite birds, so I hope you like this one, my friend.  I have become somewhat fascinated with how birds position their feet on whatever object they choose to perch upon.  Notice this fellow (or lady?) has her feet in opposing directions!  Pretty cool, huh?  Could you do that?

6 comments:

T. Becque said...

So pretty. I like the lines from the wings.

Oh and my photo was from Fairbank, Arizona not Alaska. You're right, it definitely looks southwestern, not from Alaska!

Lara said...

Kinda like how gymnasts navigate the balance beam! Great shot.

Magpie said...

Oh, I was so excited to open this post. It just couldn't load fast enough for me. He's beautiful!! They are such precious little birds. Thank you! No, I couldn't even get my toes to wrap around anything like that much less in opposite directions! :)

Anonymous said...

He's a contortionist! A pretty one.

Suburban Girl said...

They are such sweet birds. I like the little feather fluff on the branch too.

Sharon Creech said...

We have chickadees regularly in our birdhouses and each year watch the newly hatched ones.