Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pensive Angel


Methodist Cemetery
Center, Texas
One of the oldest cemeteries in Shelby County
First burial - 1861
This cemetery is located two blocks from the city square

8 comments:

minor said...

Hi! This Angel looks very sad. I think it fits in the cemetery.
By the way I like the song "Yellow rose bud in Texas" very popular in Japan.
I started to write my blog by both English and Japanese. If you have atime, please call on my blog.

Maia T said...

Cemeteries are peaceful places, having beautiful photo subjects, like this angel.

Thank you Kathy for the advice for the camera, I'm still reading reviews. I must by what I find in our shops, because shipping and taxes are extra costs.

SouthernSass said...

Nice shot - she is very pensive looking!

Magpie said...

Understandably sad, but peaceful at the same time. I love cemeteries.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful sculpture. Cemeteries, like churches, fascinate my camera and me.

Lara said...

Gorgeous angel!

SRQ said...

Not only do I like the angel, but the large trees.

Suburban Girl said...

This makes me eager for an old cemetery photo walk I am going on in Philadelphia on Sunday! (Weather permitting - ugh.)