Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Artwork on a Back Door


I sometimes find it fun to walk down alleyways in towns just to see the backs of shops.  This one in Granbury, Texas, is my favorite to date.  The entire courthouse square of Grandbury, Texas, a small town of about 8,000 people 35 miles southwest of Ft. Worth, is filled with boutiques.   The downtown area of most of Texas' small towns usually contain a few antique shops and but little else in the way of retail, signifying the declining economy of smalltown America.  Grandbury, on the other hand is a shopping mecca and shoppers from the Ft. Worth/Dallas metroplex inundate every weekend and most weekdays to shop the wonderful unique shops of this otherwise quiet little burb.

6 comments:

Amy Burzese said...

This is just great. Sometimes you must go off the beaten path. Great find!

SRQ said...

Cool mural. Always interesting what you find when you take the alley less traveled. Happy New Year!

TexWisGirl said...

very cute!

Gail Dixon said...

How cool is this! I went to Granbury for a funeral once, and I remember the quaint little shops. A charming locale for sure.

EG CameraGirl said...

LOVE this! I'm not a shopper but I sure would love to roam this back alley with my camera!

Unknown said...

Truly cool! I also like to explore the back streets.