One day last week we experienced freezing rain for about four hours here in East Texas. By late afternoon the results were still evident on our backyard bird feeders.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
13 comments:
and this week, mid-70s. i heard spring peepers yesterday and today already...
he found a place to be sort of camouflaged ... nice capture. ( :
Poor little cardinal on his frozen perch. Bet the seeds were a little frosty. Bet you're already warmed back up!
Very nice picture, you even captured the poor bird sitting in front of his icy home.
Nice shot. I like how your framed it. And the story it tells....brrrrrr.
Oh, poor little guy!
I hope it's warmed up there for you.
Nice find! I wonder if he was a regretting not being a snowbird in Florida.
Yikes! For a minute there I thought you were in Canada. ;))
Neat photo. Maybe this AZ rain will soon head your way (tho bets are it will swing north?)
He is camouflaged with this bird house/feeder. Great catch.
A gingerbread birdhouse!
WOW! This is something I can't find here, only up north.
Love this shot! The icicles are cool. Cardinals are tough when it comes to the cold temps:)
Post a Comment