A sweet little picket fence borders the Munzesheimer Manor, built at the turn of the century by a German immigrant for his new bride in Mineola, Texas. Gustav Munzesheimer was part of a large family who settled in the area shortly after the Civil War. The family was prominent in the community and several members served as city aldermen. Today the family home, built entirely of pine and cedar, is a popular bed and breakfast in this quaint little town of 4,500 residents 80 miles west of Dallas.
Joining with other fence fanatics in Friday Fences.


15 comments:
It definitely is a sweet little fence and if I still lived in the city it's exactly what I'd want around my house!
I love what I can see of the house too. Nice that it's been preserved.
A Happy New Year to you Kathy!
Nice fence, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it!
That is a lovely quaint fence.
This is a lovely house too.
Yep, a sweet fence. Love the composition.
beautiful, love it!
Cute fence- perfect for that house.
It just doesn't get any quainter..(is that a word) Love it!
I love how the low picket fence sets the house off from the rest of the street.
love the angle you showed of this fence. :)
Cool shot of the fence, Kathy. I like the zigzag.
Quaint is the word! What a pretty little fence.
I've been there! Couldn't pronounce the name then and now. It's a sweet place.
Wonderful Fridays fences post...enjoyed learning about why this house was built. I love the way the fence stops the sidewalk!
Love this fence, and I'll bet the inside of this house is amazing!
Post a Comment