Just imagine what a little soap and water and a new coat of paint would do for these windows on a building over a century old in downtown Timpson, Texas (population 1,155). Maybe "downtown" is a misnomer.
Gosh, I bet it would be beautiful. So many small towns have such charming old buildings. I wonder how many years of neglect this structure has endured.
At first glance I thought that was the bottom of a foot propped up in the open window (OK, I know I am due for cataract surgery!) After I realized I was looking at a truly abandoned building I focused instead on the B&W shot. It's very nice! Old building s are very sad to me.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
9 comments:
Gosh, I bet it would be beautiful. So many small towns have such charming old buildings. I wonder how many years of neglect this structure has endured.
So sad. I guess that's decades of pollution and dirt. You can tell it was once very grand.
At least it looks to be in use -- Love the columns between the windows!
pretty.
Looks like there might be an old thermometer stuck on the opened window too.
It would probably cost a ton of cash and money is tight these days.
It would have been beautiful in its day...
At first glance I thought that was the bottom of a foot propped up in the open window (OK, I know I am due for cataract surgery!) After I realized I was looking at a truly abandoned building I focused instead on the B&W shot. It's very nice! Old building s are very sad to me.
I love that you chose black and white for this, Kathy. It is a really wonderful photograph.
Have a fantastic weekend!
Post a Comment