Monday, January 7, 2013

Reminiscent of Days Gone By


This little barn about seven miles from my home and near the community of Martinsville, Texas, is still working today.  It is one of the few wood pitched-roof barns remaining in this area.

A Place for Bloggers Who Love Barns

27 comments:

Mari said...

This one is a charmer for sure! Great capture!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Very unusual little barn, but very charming!

Judy said...

I love the shape of this barn, I don't think I've ever seen a roof like this tho, I like it!

Carletta said...

Definitely a charmer Kathy!
Love the unusual shape and the lovely pristine setting.

Tanya Breese said...

this is such a unique barn, i love it...beautiful photo!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

nice. love the roof. Merry 2013. ( :

SRQ said...

Everything about this scene is charming. Interesting to hear that it's still a working barn. I'm accustomed to seeing rusted, older barns that are sitting empty and unattended.

Amy Burzese said...

That's a great barn. I can't say that I've seen a roof like that one before. Nice find.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

That's an unusual shape, but it's a charmer! Glad it is still being used.

A Colorful World said...

It's a nice little barn! Thanks for your comments. I know you are so proud of your grandson! Ours is 11 now and has a wonderful vocabulary because of his exposure to books and to us talking about intelligent things around him, too, I think. It makes a big difference.

Nell at njschout said...

What an interesting barn!

Anonymous said...

You find some really beautiful Texas barns... what a beauty & look at that green, green grass!

Thank you for joining =)

TexWisGirl said...

that's a gorgeous one! truly unique!

genie said...

Painting those tin pitched roofs is one grim job. We did the one on our old homeplace ONE time and that was it. To paint the barn, outbuilding, and house cost us an arm and a leg, and now we need to d it again. It is a never ending cycle. Love the old wooden barn. Ours has the old boards like this. genie

Gail Dixon said...

Such rich detail and color. This is perfect for Tricia's Barn Charm meme.

Suburban Girl said...

I love the interesting shape of it.

Pamela Gordon said...

This is a really cute little barn Kathy. Thanks for visiting and leaving your comment. I agree that the colour shows off the mural. :)

Indrani said...

Charming indeed!
Happy WW!

Unknown said...

I had no idea what a 'pitched'-roof was before I read this post. Thank you (and Google too!). :-)

The Farmers Daughter said...

What a beautiful shot!

EG CameraGirl said...

There's lots to like about this barn: aged wood, rusty roof, interesting shape. Neat photo, Kathy!

Betsy said...

What a beauty.

Sally in WA said...

The rusty roof really adds a lot of character to this little charmer.

Beyond the Dog Dish said...

That barn brings back memories. We has an old wood barn, stained red and a similar pitched roof at my parents farm. Such charm in a country landscape.

Magpie said...

Ciao, Bella! I have missed visiting and hope to correct that oversight in the new year. I love your barns.

Lisa Gordon said...

A definite charmer!
I love the little peak on the roof.

Tina´s PicStory said...

really a charming barn :)