Tuesday, January 15, 2013
East Texas Icicles
Freezing rain started falling today about 8 a.m. and by noon everything was frosted over with a thin layer of ice. Luckily the roads remained clear because my mom was discharged from the hospital around noon and she was very anxious to get home. I kept thinking I was going to miss the photo opportunity of the year - icicles in East Texas - before I could get her home and settled but I did manage to fit in a short drive to take a few pictures. This one of a barren crape myrtle tree and small icicles hanging from a barbed wire fence was taken in our driveway. It came close to looking like a winter wonderland here for a few hours. This is after temperatures in the high 70s late last week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Wow! You have had a huge swing in temperatures there! Icicles in East Texas? Who'd a thunk it?
Oh, wow. The ice on the barbed wire makes for such a pretty photo. Glad you were able to get it before it melted. Can you believe we're supposed to start seeing snow this afternoon?! Hope your mom is doing ok. Sorry, I didn't realize she had been in the hospital.
Wow...this could be your photo opp. of 2013! Amazing. I really like the perspective you selected to show the ice -- nice. Hope all's well and your mother is recuperating well.
i do love the ice on the wires.
i hope your mom is okay! glad you were safe to go pick her up!
I too love the ice on the wires. Sure beats the ice on my thermal shirt I think you saw the other day.
I remember from living there. Texas weather is nothing if not amazing. Beautiful ice picture.
I hope your mother continues to get better.
Lowell
Love that frosty beauty!
Somehow, Texas and icicles don't seem to go together. :-)
Sure did make for a wonderful photograph though. From the look of the fence it must have gotten cold very, very quickly.
I hope you've had a wonderful weekend.
Wonderful shot! Hope your Mom is doing much better.
I like that!
Post a Comment