Near Martinsville, Nacogdoches County, Texas
To my way of thinking often what's behind the fence is more interesting than the fence itself. And that's the case in this picture. In Texas often Brahma cattle are bred to Herefords (the white faces) for an astounding quality of beef. It's hard to imagine that those slender strands of barbed wire will contain the giant Brahmas, but they do. Thank goodness; otherwise Texas would be overrun with cattle on the roads! I'm sure there's more than a million miles of barbed wire in Texas.If it's Friday, it must be fences!


24 comments:
don't you just want to go over & say get up you lazy cows. get to moving. ha. ha! great view there. (:
Great photo - love all the colors.
Great shot! I agree that if it's a good fence, what behind it is more interesting.
This is my type of song!
Great photo of the cattle behind the fence. It is a wonder that the fence will keep the cattle in.
An all around lovely scene Kathy with the fence, the cows, that red dirt road, and the wildflowers!
I see some young calves too.
great subjects, great treatment, great texas scene!
(and great commentary from you...)
They are lovely creatures in a way...must be those big ears and eyes. :)
Kathy, I love your photo. They seem not to care what's going on, just being carefree!
Love these shots - I always enjoy seeing the different types of cattle!
Cows are real social animals. Look how cosy they are all together in that corner.
i agree! beautiful picture and love the editing!
In this case it's very true that's what behind the fence is more interesting than the fence itself. :)
I also love the scenes behind some of my fence shots! This one is a great example. You can tell it was a hot lazy day, just looking at the photo!
Hi...yes, lazy but peaceful: great shot, dear! Congrats!
All my afternoons are starting to look like this. Yikes!
Beautiful rural scene!
I love the fragile look of the fence in contrast to the magnificent cattle - I love the set of their ears. You were being carefully observed!
Love those cows! Nice photo!
I love how they're all gathered together, even with all that room
I like their floppy ears.
Love the variety of subjects in you blog.
I agree...the fence just complements the character of the photos...nice!!
Post a Comment