Has the courthouse been there a long time? I wonder because my Mother and Father were married in a civil ceremony at the Cocinino County Courthouse back in the early 50's. They lived in the big city of Happy Jack.
When I lived in Washington, a neighbor who worked for the Census Bureau had a collection of slides he had taken of County Courthouses. Your photo today is a good example of these grand buildings.
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
11 comments:
Cool!
your treatment made the bricks/stone stand right up off the screen! :)
Has the courthouse been there a long time? I wonder because my Mother and Father were married in a civil ceremony at the Cocinino County Courthouse back in the early 50's. They lived in the big city of Happy Jack.
Oh, you do love a good courthouse!
I love historic buildings. Saw this one up there the last time we went. Adds charm to the town.
When I lived in Washington, a neighbor who worked for the Census Bureau had a collection of slides he had taken of County Courthouses. Your photo today is a good example of these grand buildings.
This is a great photo. I love the sky!
Wonderful architecture. Love those walls.
This is gorgeous. What a stunning, classic courthouse.
What a fine old building!
Wonderful courthouse! It looks like a hand-painted post card from the forties!
Post a Comment