Thursday, April 5, 2012

Fence No. 21 ~ So Many Fences



The Old North Church Cemetery in Nacogdoches, Texas, has many wrought-iron fences.

LINKING TO FRIDAY FENCES

24 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

makes me wish to go out & find a great cemetery to check out. i did see one today. i will have to share it soon. (:

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

I love wrought iron fences. It seems many cemeteries have them. I love visiting cemeteries too, especially looking at old tomb stones.
Thanks for you visit.
Happy Easter.

Ebie said...

Hi Kathy, the second fence reminds me of the old cemetery in Julia, CA that we visited last year.

This must be an old cemetery.

Linda said...

These old fences certainly add a charm to the site - always interesting to visit an old cemetery!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that iron fence! Are you a cemetery walker too? I especially love the old cemeteries. The old marble stones that are hand engraved are works of art...

Nancy said...

Nice photographs of truly interesting fences. Must have been fun to shoot.

TexWisGirl said...

great rust.

Tanya Breese said...

oh i love these! i'm a huge fan of old cemeteries with wrought iron!

Roan said...

LOL, great minds. I really like your cemetery fence. And, yes, I agree with your post below. I've learned a lot researching before posting.

Unknown said...

Love the rust, I think it fits in perfectly.

Anonymous said...

The rusty ones are always so lovely, too!

Rose said...

It looks like it is standing the test of time...would love to know how old it actually is.

Glenda said...

It's interesting that cemetery fences seem to outlast a community. I guess in a sense rust is the color of time! Beautiful shots, as always!

Dianne said...

I like wrought iron
the rust is beautiful, I call it nature's paint

gtyyup said...

I like what Madge said..."cemetery walker"...perfect. Love all the different angles of fences in the first shot. Nice!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

You hit the jackpot with all these fences!

Tell Me, Sister Crow

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Great photos, Kathy and the rusted ironwork is in keeping with the taphophile mood.

Magpie said...

Rust galore! Lovely.

Jan n Jer said...

Old cementaries have the best fences in my opinion. Love the rust!

Amy Burzese said...

Wonderful fence!

Lea said...

Wonderful old cemetery fences!
Happy Easter!
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

A Colorful World said...

Loving all these wonderful iron fences! And the quality of your photos is always so rich! Really nice!

Thanks for commenting on my post. The eye is on the mend! Wishing you a very blessed Easter!

Everything Changes said...

Wow, great fences!

Brenda's Arizona said...

I have always wondered by cemetery/family plots have fences. Who are they trying to keep out?
Love the photos, Kathy!