Friday, August 5, 2011
Red Barn
There are few wooden barns in this region. Metal pole barns have taken their place. There are even fewer red wooden barns in this area. This one could use a new coat of paint but it appears to still be a working barn. Somebody left the hayloft door open! My grandfather had a barn with a hayloft. It always smelled good up there. There was also a corn crib in the loft. It was great fun to climb the ladder up into the loft and run the dried ears of corn through the corn sheller and then feed it to the chickens or the hogs or the cattle. Everybody likes corn, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Corn...anytime....these are so hard to spot these days in times of rectangular plastered store rooms. These barns looks so refreshing to the eye.
Hot, buttered ears... ah!
i love this hip-style of barn. and you're right - very few wooden ones in texas...
I'm glad you found this rare jewel and shared it with us.
It sure is different from any around here! You're right that it could use a coat pf paint but otherwise it appears to be a sturdy barn.
I love the green grass all around it. You find the greatest treasures to photograph!
Love corn and what a great walk down memory lane this gave you!
I believe you are right, the nation is run on corn and corn extracts. It's good to be a corn farmer these days. I love old barns too. Wonderful post Kathy.
I like corn. Some people even call me corny. I like this barn, too. I like the texture, the lines and the color.
Achoo... oh, excuse me. I am seriously allergic to hay! And grass for that matter.
Post a Comment