Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Arizona Monsoon


Photographed near Phoenix
July 2011

Notes re yesterday's post:

Birdman:  Yes, that bridge is still in use.  My goal is to find out what time the train comes through and be there to take a picture of it!  This is only about 20 miles from my home so it's a quick trip over.

Magpie:  Yes, that is rust, and yes, it makes my heart go pitty-pat.

9 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

love this shot. like they're reaching up for rain...

EG CameraGirl said...

Love this saguaro cactus photo! A monsoon over the desert sounds frightening to me.

Rohrerbot said...

Excellent shot! We had another monsoon storm last night.

Magpie said...

This post made my heart go pitty pat too. I thought you were back in Phoenix. :)

Birdman said...

Birdman says, "I'd bring a lawn chair, suntan lotion, a good book, lunch, plenty of water and sit back and ENJOY the day."

Francisca said...

What a wonderful shot of these majestic cacti against the monsoon sky. Lovely lighting...

Jack said...

Gee, we hardly ever have monsoons over our cacti in Hartford. Thanks for visiting today. You don't need to wait until you see another humorous comment on someone else's blog. I try to entertain or stimulate viewers every day, which goes against the grain of stiff-upper-lipped New Englanders. My last beer was on December 22, 1984. My daughter was one and I didn't think it would be good form to drive into an abutment some bleery-eyed night.

Lara said...

Good shot! I was caught driving in one last Thursday night. It was crazy! Fortunately, I got home safely.

Suburban Girl said...

I love the field of cacti! You sure don't see that up north.