Monday, November 7, 2011

Home Is Where the Heart Is, Even If It's a Gas Station


Up until a few months ago this gas station stood forlorn and vacant just one block from the square in San Augustine, Texas.  Today it appears it has found a family to love.  A car in the driveway, no parking signs, a friendly dog hanging out near the front door, and a few potted plants on the corner all say someone is now making a home of this old building.  Wouldn't you love to see the inside!

10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

how interesting!

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, needs someone to care for it for sure! I'm really curious about the inside. I'd keep the slurpee machine!

Magpie said...

What an unusual home this would make. But then I like unusual. :)

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I hope they got rid of the gasoline smell!

Mildred said...

Yes, but I suppose they've got some work to do before;o)

Thanks for sharing:o)

***
Happy day****

EG CameraGirl said...

Yes, I would. :)

Andrew said...

okay, this honestly reminds of a scene from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie. I love it!

Birdman said...

Just... Wow! Sign of the times?

Brenda's Arizona said...

My husband's dream - live in an old Route 66 gas station. Or in the old abandoned one on Main Street here in Mesa.

GypsyFarmGirl said...

I'm work in an old gas station transformed into a flower shop, so I can see the possibilities of living in one. I just hope they have an indoor bathroom- we don't here at work and this time of year it's cold to have to run around the corner!