Saturday, November 19, 2011

Country Roads ...


... take me home.

This is another "This Is Where I Live Photo" (see post of a few days ago).  We live on the land on the left side of the photo.  My grandparents' old farm house, which no longer exists except for an old carhouse (what they used to call a garage) is around the curve to the left and down a lane about a quarter of a mile. It was a beautiful spot for a home, way up on a hill overlooking meadows and the bottom land.

14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

how lovely. i love that your family has a lot of history there too.

Anonymous said...

I'd love to be strolling up that lane... it is inviting!

Magpie said...

I'm sure this is the road that John Denver had in mind when he sang that song. Beautiful

biebkriebels said...

It is nice you show us the places where you live. I like it very much.

Birdman said...

Nice place for a stroll.

Sharon Creech said...

I love this spot!

SRQ said...

Lovely. Looks like a special place....makes you wonder what's around the bend.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely setting! I wouldn't mind calling a place like this "home" either!

Gail Dixon said...

What a scenic area. I love the hints of fall in the leaves. Beautiful!!

Glenda said...

My kind of place . . . beautiful and serene!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Janie said...

I love roads, paths, trails thru the forrest on land. Thanks for sharing your beautiful area near your home. What great memories you must hold.

Suburban Girl said...

I bet it is spooky at night driving through those trees.

Linnea said...

You live in a very pretty area!

EG CameraGirl said...

This is a beautiful laneway!