Sunday, June 17, 2012
On the Roadside
I spotted these beautiful wildflowers a few weeks ago growing along the roadside in a rural area. I had never seen them before. A few days later my mom and I were out together and I saw another patch of them in a different area. She claims she's never seen them before. There were about three feet tall and the blossoms were almost six inches in diameter. If anyone knows what this beautiful flower is, let me know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
well, i consulted 4 wildflower sites before i THINK i may have found it. looks like American Basketflower is the closest match.
tamu.edu
Whoa! They are really beautiful! I've never seen these before either. Wasn't it sweet of TWG to find it? She is so helpful. This is a terrific find, Kathy!
Wow. That's a beautiful weed.
It is beautiful! It reminds me of something in the onion or garlic family. I checked out the American Basketflower and that does seem right. I've never seen one before.
Gorgeous wildflower/weed! Great detail....This plant grows around here along our roadside near the Chiricahua mountains. American Basketflower seems right....although at first I thought I was looking at a Globe Thistle.
gorgeous. what a great find. (:
Wow - gorgeous!
Never seen this before! It;s a stunner!
Absolutely gorgeous!
Post a Comment