Friday, June 15, 2012

Fox Theater


Timpson, Texas

I'm not very good with textures because I've been unable to concentrate long enough to figure out the layers application on PhotoShop.  Or maybe better said, I want it now and get frustrated if the learning process is too complicated.  But I have figured out how to import some textures into the little friendly PicMonkey program and I find it an invaluable helper to overcome the washed-out nature of a harsh Texas sun.

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

that's pretty. and you're still light-years ahead of my knowledge on textures, period. :)

Magpie said...

I think you did a wonderful job with this one. You could do a whole series of old theaters.

Dianne said...

the texture adds so much to the shot!
well done

have you noticed the moving ads at the bottom of the PicMonkey edit screen? I love the program but that is so annoying
I'd almost rather pay to be a member

Birdman said...

How many ghost towns are there in Texas??? At least this is the looking I'm getting from your shots. Pretty cool.

Gail Dixon said...

My with patience level is about the same on learning new things. And you're inventive enough to find a workaround! Love this texture and how it gives depth to the sky. What a neat old building.

T. Becque said...

Totally agree, layers still have me stumped if I try to get too involved! This turned out nicely! We have a Fox theater in Tucson too.

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

You've done well with photoshop, Kathy. It is a lovely shot and your post-processing has accentuated the nostalgic feel.