Thursday, April 14, 2011

When Was the Last Time You Greased Your Car?


This old gas station in Henderson, Texas, appears to be sporting a fresh coat of paint.  I wonder what its present owners have planned for it.  I also wonder what its original owners would think of today's gas prices!

10 comments:

EG CameraGirl said...

Hmmm. I know what I think of today's gas prices! The rich get rich and the poor...

SRQ said...

Interesting find....and nice in b & w. There's a place like this in Sarasota which was transformed into a house, of all things.

Doug Hickok said...

I like these old time gas stations. We had a few spread out in downtown Charleston, but they are disappearing, or being converted to restaurants and stores. Wonderful image Kathy!

TexWisGirl said...

true! they'd probably wonder what happened to this world!

Magpie said...

Love to see it reborn and put to use!

tracy said...

Aw nostalgia - for the days when my friends would toss loose change in the ashtray to help me pay for the gas. Now the ashtrays are gone, too!

Unknown said...

Nothing like this in the Uk very nicely captured.

this is Belgium said...

Glad to discover your blog
greetigs from brussels !
anni

Suburban Girl said...

You'll have to keep us posted!

Brenda's Arizona said...

Puts me in mind of the many many gas stations along Route 66!