Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Jennings Station ~ Lufkin, Texas


I dare say this is the best-looking bus station anywhere.  But why is it that clocks on historic buildings (or even new ones that just look like they might be historic) never seen the reflect the correct time?  This picture was snapped about noon on the day I was in Lufkin.

Postscript:  Re the earlier comments about the station being deserted, this picture was taken on a Sunday morning.  The station is used primarily for transit to colleges in the area and being Sunday there were no classes for students to hurry to.  

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess everything's digital now! And the station looks deserted - is everyone at lunch? Wouldn't it be nice to eat on the roof and look out over those little balconies?

Birdman said...

Looks pretty deserted to me.

TexWisGirl said...

It's very pretty and neat - and quiet!

SRQ said...

Gosh - what a good looking bus depot. When I was a student, I wouldn't have minded being dropped off there.

Magpie said...

Are the balcony areas decorative or are they for viewing? I don't think I could have worded that any weirder if I tried. :)

Andrew said...

I like the architecture down there :)

Anonymous said...

What a nice bus station it is. Is it as clean inside as it is out?

Doug Hickok said...

There is a nice architectural balance to this old bus station. It has worn well over the years, even if the clock runs a little slow these days.

EG CameraGirl said...

Love the richness of the colour in this photo: the brick, the green, the blue.

Lara said...

Sharp looking station!

Suburban Girl said...

That is so funny about the clocks. You know when I was in Germany I noticed the town clocks all kept perfect time! :)