This old brick grain silo adds a decorative touch to Aqua Vita Park near LaNana Creek in Nacogdoches.
Looking from the inside out, the vine snakes its way up the inside walls of the silo
and finally finds its reward of sunlight at the top.
10 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Wonderful photos, Kathy! At first, I thought this was a water tower. I've never seen a brick silo - must be pretty old. It seems they are mostly metal now. I wonder if someday this vine will cover the entire structure?
Kathy! I love both of these, but especially the one taken looking from the inside out!!! You shouldn't have used that word "snake" to describe it. Tracy will be scared. :)
I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
10 comments:
Wonderful photos, Kathy! At first, I thought this was a water tower. I've never seen a brick silo - must be pretty old. It seems they are mostly metal now. I wonder if someday this vine will cover the entire structure?
love these old structures! i'm not sure i've ever seen them in brick, but have seen plenty in stone. gorgeous!
I don't think I have ever seen anything like it. It kind of makes me think of something in "Lord of the Rings".
Wow, beautiful pics.
'hugs from afar'
Love the bricks on the outside of this silo and the vine growing up the inside of it.
Kathy! I love both of these, but especially the one taken looking from the inside out!!! You shouldn't have used that word "snake" to describe it. Tracy will be scared. :)
great composition on the 2nd shot, I love it!
I love these pics. It's interesting to see a vine make it out of the dark and into the light. That's incredible stuff.
Stretching toward the light. . .nature and humans.
I just discovered a brick grain silo near us. PReviously I had never seen one in brick. Interesting.
Post a Comment