Friday, April 22, 2011

25/100 Strangers ~ Maida


I met Maida last month at First Monday Trade Days in Canton, Texas.  She was a flower vendor with some of the most beautiful rose bushes I've ever seen.  Unfortunately, she did not converse well in English so I was not able to get too much information about her background from her.  Or maybe that's just the way she wanted it to be because when I first started talking with her she seemed to understand everything I said or asked.  Below are two beautiful examples of her roses.







This rose was called Playboy.

A note re yesterday's post "Little Shed in the Woods."  No, Tracy, that is not an outhouse.  It is a small storage shed behind the Libby Community Center, a meeting place for residents of a little village a few miles from where I live.

8 comments:

SRQ said...

Really nice captures, Kathy. I love the composition with Maida's portrait. And, you're right -- those roses are beautiful.

TexWisGirl said...

Maida's a beauty. And so are her blooms!

Lara said...

Gorgeous! I have a picture of a playboy as the desktop art on my computer. They are so pretty!

EG CameraGirl said...

Her roses are very beautiful!

tracy said...

Her flowers speak volumes though! (Thanks for the clarification.):-)

Doug Hickok said...

Wow, these are beautiful images. I especially like the last one. Have a happy Easter Kathy!

Magpie said...

How can you take a spent rose and photograph it and turn it into something so lovely? I have to say, I loved the bud just opening best...at first. Then the more I looked, I appreciated all the beauty of the lower photo. Great job!

Suburban Girl said...

If she can keep her roses healthy then I have great respect for her!