Saturday, February 12, 2011
Marshall Cemetery
Sitting high atop a hill in Marshall, Texas, is the city's cemetery which contains many pre-Civil War graves. Across the street to the west is a row of Victorian houses (this is the cemetery referenced in the post about the creeeepy house a few weeks ago) and to the north is a feed mill. The historic Texas and Pacific Depot is the red and white building in the upper left. This active Amtrak station is featured on my picture-a-day blog here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
A lovely photo, thanks for the background information, I like history.
Wow, love that fence!
The second this image came up... CW era cemetery. Neat shot. Love graveyards.
So much in one small area. I love the fence and the monuments. Wonderful.
Nice history there!
Looks like a neat area to explore --- during the daylight hours.
Interesting! I'm so glad you're taking these photos. Lately, it seems like there are gas stations and Walgreens growing on every corner, making it harder and harder to see some rich history. I'm glad to see some
areas left relatively untouched.
Post a Comment