I am a retired court reporter now working part time as a proofreader. In December 2010 I returned to my roots in Deep East Texas to care for my aging mother after having lived in Arizona for over 30 years. I live on a farm in Nacogdoches County near the Louisiana border. This blog is a repository for pictures of subjects that I find interesting in my travels up and down the country roads throughout the Piney Woods. I love to take pictures of farm animals and equipment, old houses, barns and sheds and anything that has vines or rust on it.
10 comments:
Oh it is so pretty!
Love the pops of color on these guys!
I've never seen a prickly pear in bloom -- very pretty.
What miracles are these . . .
Looks to me like I need to visit Az. I love the deserts but show is great as well. Oh, what to do?
This looks so good I could eat it.
What a wonderful cactus the prickly pear is. I think I read somewhere that you can make jam out of the fruit.
Very pretty and prickly!
The prickly pears are so pretty and I love it when they bloom...but oh those spines! :)
That's a really nice picture of a prickly pear! By the way, the plant in the foreground of my picture is a Yucca. :)
Post a Comment